Day 16 - Wake up and recover your life!


Scripture focus
: When God made his promise to Abraham, he backed it to the hilt, putting his own reputation on the line. He said, "I promise that I'll bless you with everything I have—bless and bless and bless!" Abraham stuck it out and got everything that had been promised to him. When people make promises, they guarantee them by appeal to some authority above them so that if there is any question that they'll make good on the promise, the authority will back them up. When God wanted to guarantee his promises, he gave his word, a rock-solid guarantee—God can't break his word. And because his word cannot change, the promise is likewise unchangeable. Hebrews 6:13-18 (The Message)


God made a rock-solid guarantee to Abraham. Abraham saw those promises fulfilled. Because the scriptures compress the story, we might fail to attend to Abraham's "real-time" experience.

Years and years and years go by, and we wonder – where's my big dream?

In fact, Abraham was 75 years old when he got up and followed God's big dream for him.


I wonder if there are any self-imposed limitations that are holding us back: I'm too old, I've been at this to long without positive results, I don't have enough or the right kind of education, I'm the wrong gender, I'm not fit to serve, and on and on and on.


If insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results, I wonder if you have doubted, prevaricated, paused too long, chickened out on living with an absolute full-out trust in God over and over and over again.


God offers up a rock-solid guarantee – he can't break his word. He has told not only Abraham, but us, that he wants to bless and bless and bless.


I wonder what blessings we might miss as we focus so hard on what is not quite right, not quite good enough, not okay.


Recommended reading: Esther 4 – 6


- click on the word
comments and join our conversation

Copyright 2009
NorthStar Community

No comments:

Blog Archive

Chat Rooms