Day 25: Wake up and recover your life!

Scripture focus: It won't be long now, he's on the way;
he'll show up most any minute. But anyone who is right with me thrives on loyal trust; if he cuts and runs, I won't be very happy. But we're not quitters who lose out. Oh, no! We'll stay with it and survive,
trusting all the way.
Hebrews 10:39 (The Message)


The recovered life requires that we put our trust in the right person.


I am not trustworthy enough to carry a piece of eternity in my heart (see Eccl. 3:8) and see that God's purposes are realized.

The people I love can't be trusted to make me happy, bolster my self-esteem, meet my needs, and satisfy my longings. I can't make them happy, bolster their self-esteem, meet their needs or satisfy their longings either. As much as we might want to provide these things to those we love – we simply aren't equipped.

But here's the thing. God is and he will.


Our job is to trust that he will accomplish what he purposes. He will use us as he sees fit. When everyone and everything disappoints, we can't be quitters who lose out. We must stay with it and survive, trusting all the way.


May we thrive in the rarified atmosphere that envelopes us as we loyally trust God in all things.


Recommended reading: Proverbs 12-14


- click on the word
comments and join our conversation

Copyright 2009
NorthStar Community

No comments:

Blog Archive

Chat Rooms