Having Heart In A Sometimes Heartless World


Day 62 - I want, I want, I want. I don't want!

Scripture focus: An evil man is held captive by his own sins; they are ropes that catch and hold him. He will die for lack of self-control; he will be lost because of his great foolishness. Proverbs 5:22-23 NLT

"There are cravings within me, though, that pull on me like an addiction. They have always been with me and have even at times tormented me. They go far deeper than any physical addiction ever could. Beyond my flesh, beyond my mind, beyond my heart, there seems to be a place where my deepest and most powerful cravings lie. And they do not lie silently. My soul, it seems, always desires and demands, and no matter how I try to satisfy it, it always craves more. No, not more, but something I can't seem to understand. My soul craves, but for what I don't know. Soul Cravings, Erwin McManus

McManus describes what honest people admit: we long and lust and look for the next thing that will satisfy our cravings. Cravings are insatiable; they make lousy life compasses. We detest them; we invest in them.

What does your soul desire and demand?

How do you feel about that?

Recommended reading: Leviticus 26 in the morning; Psalm 45 in the evening

Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it. Proverbs 4:23 TNIV


Click "Comments" Below to Join the Discussion

Scroll down to the Archive Section to View Previous Devotionals.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Chat Rooms