Day 25
-

Scripture focus: "The seed cast on good earth is the person who hears and takes in the News, and then produces a harvest beyond his wildest dreams." Matthew 13:23 (The Message)


"It was actually this that finally gave me confidence to get out and make it to church since I now have the confidence that in fear or danger I can 'do a Forrest Gump' and run to the safe place. That first morning that I went to church I wore my running shoes just in case. You know, after worship that first Sunday a lady in the congregation prophesied to the church that God was saying that there was a 'running man' there that day who had for years been simultaneously running to God and running away from him and that this was a 'safe place' and I knew it was me she was talking about. My girlfriend burst into tears at that point - she likes to shout 'run Forrest run' and laughed encouragingly at my idea to wear my running shoes that morning so she knew it was me that God was talking to. I'm also no longer anxious about being lightheaded or breathless since I realize that they are feelings experienced by the healthiest people on the planet every day. Maybe I should just come visit your church one day in the future wearing a T-Shirt that simply says 'Teresa Was Right' and then you can skip preaching and get an early lunch for once."


Oh, the beauty of a seed cast on good earth that produces a person who hears and takes in the news, and then produces a harvest beyond his wildest dreams. My friend, your dreams have just begun.


With that said, our community says to you: "'Run, Forrest, run!' Come visit us. We have a seat saved. We would love it if for once she'd skip preaching and get us all out for an early lunch!"


What I would say to you is, "I love your T-Shirt. Can I get one for each of my kids?"


Recommended reading: Psalms 8-10


- click on the word comments and join our conversation


Copyright 2009 NorthStar Community


No comments:

Blog Archive

Chat Rooms