May 3

Step 5: We admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.

May 3

Recommended Reading: Job 32-37 skim

When I was in labor with our first child, I got so scared I thought I was going to die from fright. My husband still jokes that we used all our Lamaze breathing techniques before we arrived at the hospital. But a single thought carried me through the day and into the evening – many others have gone before me – I am not alone.

This same principle holds true for those of us embarking on the confession process. Others have gone before us, and have reported back – good things happen when we step up to the plate and tell the truth about who we are and what we’ve been doing. (For more information and scripture support of this premise, check out The Christ-Centered 12 Step Study Guide which is available on the web site or our book tables.)

Thought for today: We are so fortunate to live in a time of history that affords us the benefits of hindsight. Let’s not waste the blessing.

Thought for tomorrow:
Count yourself lucky, how happy you must be – you get a fresh start, your slate’s wiped clean.Count yourself lucky – God holds nothing against you and you’re holding nothing back from him. When I kept it all inside, my bones turned to powder, my words became daylong groans. The pressure never let up; all the juices of my life dried up. Then I let it all out; I said, “I’ll make a clean breast of my failures to God.”

Suddenly the pressure was gone – my guilt dissolved, my sin disappeared. These things add up. Every one of us needs to pray; when all hell breaks loose and the dam bursts we’ll be on high ground, untouched.Psalm 32:1-6 The Message

For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. Romans 15:4 NIV

May 3
Teresa McBean

No comments:

Chat Rooms