July 13 - Ill-equipped but God restored

Scripture focus: God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Psalm 46:1 (NIV)

Stress, trauma, crisis, and grief; sin, shame, betrayal and heartache -- the human body, mind, and spirit is not equipped to handle any of this suffering. We can't manage it or handle it, cope with it or keep its insidious effects at bay.

What we can do is allow God's refining fire to produce gold in us.

This process hurts and takes time.

It is my prayer that we ask God to help us, and we use our whole brain to hold back the cries of our mid-brain, so eager to look for quick fixes and magical cures.

Pause to prepare.

Stop the insanity of trying to find a way out on our own, independent of God.

What would you do differently today if you knew God was our refuge, strength and ever-present help in the midst of our trouble?

Do it.

Recommended reading: Psalm 81-83

- click on the word comments and join our conversation

© Copyright 2009
NorthStar Community

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

set aside my doubts, remind myself that god has not allowed my feet to slip ever in the past, that he has kept me among the living when there was no reason that he should other than his unfathomable love. then take a deep breath and wait for him to show me the next right step.

Anonymous said...

No wonder I can't handle all this stress and trauma-I wasn't created too. I always thought I was just not strong enough-what I now realise is that God will handle things for me. I never knew how to trust God, but I'm learning.

Blog Archive

Chat Rooms