February 20

Scripture focus:
It's impossible to please God apart from faith. And why? Because anyone who wants to approach God must believe both that he exists and that he cares enough to respond to those who seek him. Hebrews 11:6 MSG

I love knowing that the core of my existence is not dependent upon me figuring out how to please God. My job is to trust God – this is what pleases him! I have a friend who really wrestles with trusting God. She doesn’t believe that she is capable – and she is right! On her own, independent of God, she can do nothing.

When we learn that God exists and that he cares enough to come when we call out to him – we find our way toward trust.

Belief is often a decision whose wisdom is only revealed in hindsight.

Think about what you’ve put your faith in – stop lights and people obeying them, bad people to do good things, goods and services to provide peace and purpose – the list is endless.

So when you are tempted to think you have trust issues with God, remind yourself that you have failed to have trust issues in areas that would have made a lot of sense to reserve trust…

Click on the word comments below and join our conversation!

© Copyright 2010 NorthStar Community


1 comment:

Hzjewl said...

In order to trust God, all we need to do is trust Him to give us the ability to trust Him. It all goes full circle with Him being the beginning, end, and middle of our everything. Reminds me of when I was small & would look up at the sky & "know" that there was Someone larger than me Who was in control.

Blog Archive

Chat Rooms