February 21

Scripture focus:
Jesus said, "I didn't make this up. What I teach comes from the One who sent me. Anyone who wants to do his will can test this teaching and know whether it's from God or whether I'm making it up. A person making things up tries to make himself look good. But someone trying to honor the one who sent him sticks to the facts and doesn't tamper with reality. It was Moses, wasn't it, who gave you God's Law? But none of you are living it. So why are you trying to kill me?" John 7:16-19 MSG

In today’s scripture focus, we find a snippet of a conversation that Jesus has with his community.

Jesus encourages the freaked out folks of his day to make a decision to be willing to do his will, and then come back and talk to him if they are confused about knowing God’s will.

Isn’t this true today? Be honest. Aren’t most of our struggles with doing
God’s will more so than knowing God’s will?

God desires mercy. Are we willing to be merciful?

God desires a contrite and humble heart. Are we willing to be contrite and humble?

God loves the unlovely. Will we do the same?

God cares about suffering. Do we? Do we care when our actions cause suffering for others? Are we willing to sacrifice our own personal comfort in order to ease the suffering of another?

May we take whatever we know and practice its application today!

Click on the word comments below and join our conversation!

© Copyright 2010 NorthStar Community


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes, one hundred percent totally true. i thought, once upon a time, i 'knew' G-d's will. i was so totally mistaken! i was deluded. i think i was in the 'depart from Me, I never knew you' category. in spite of all the really screwed up things i did, the people i deeply wounded, the lies i told and lived- He loved me and brought me to North Star. what an awesome, incredible G-d. He was always there just waiting for me to surrender, waiting for me to confess that i was a wretch in desperate need of being rescued before i drowned. a.'nanny'mouse

Anonymous said...

and He didn't rescue me just to rescue me, He rescued me so that, in submission/surrender to Him, He could teach me, under His constant direction-to become a lifeguard, willing to be used by Him to rescue others in danger of drowning. a.'nanny'mouse

Blog Archive

Chat Rooms