February 4

Scripture focus:
Since God has so generously let us in on what he is doing, we’re not about to throw up our hands and walk off the job just because we run into occasional hard times. We refuse to wear masks and play games. We don’t maneuver and manipulate behind the scenes. And we don’t twist God’s Word to suit ourselves. Rather, we keep everything we do and say out in the open, the whole truth on display, so that those who want to can see and judge for themselves in the presence of God. 2 Corinthians 4:1-3 MSG

As I read Paul’s words to the Corinthians, I am reminded of God’s creative power. In the beginning, God spoke and creation came into existence. This is what I think about as I read Paul’s description of how believers behave. It sounds like these words are spoken about our potential, not necessarily our current situation. Frankly, I am not this evolved.

I love Paul’s words, because they remind me of where I am headed, so long as I continue to follow Jesus and step as he speaks. Here’s what my marching orders look like from this scripture focus.

* Hard times happen and are not necessarily a reflection of my believing state – for good or evil. Hard times are inevitable, but are not all about me. Stepping as God speaks does not provide an antidote for suffering.

* As a follower, I am in the process of practicing how to live life mask-free and without game playing. Trusting God will require me to stop trying so darn hard to get my way all the time.

* Part of my spiritual development will come as I learn God’s Word and handle it appropriately – learning what God means through it, not using it as a tool to convince self or others of something I want to believe to be true.

* I must learn how to live my life without secrets.

* I leave the judgment of my life and God to others; my job is to step as God speaks.

May we step lively today!


Click on the word comments below and join our conversation!

© Copyright 2010 NorthStar Community


1 comment:

I Might be Wrong said...

As a believer I know that even God's path has potholes, I think sometimes I am to quick to change direction after hitting a bump.I want to believe that if I am walking His path for me it will be relativly smooth. I have been using the grade of the road as the guide for which path is His and which is mine.I am coming to know that a better gauge of the path I am on is the ease or dis-ease I walk with. I am learning to share more my dis-ease with trusted community members to help guide me on the path I have been chosen to walk. It seems who I am becoming is clearer to others around me before it is to me. I pray today that the *'s in todays devotional become the truths of my life and not pretty words I learn to speak. God Bless

Blog Archive

Chat Rooms