January 27

Scripture focus:
Kind words heal and help; cutting words wound and maim. Proverbs 15:4

I have a confession. Some days I avoid prayer because I don’t what to hear what God might say. When we pray, we must sift through our own evil ways so that we can determine what must change within us if the rule of God is to be lived out in our life.

I don’t always want to sift and discard my own view of things. So when God speaks and I’m holding onto something that doesn’t jive with God’s ways, his words cut.

A few years ago a doctor cut on my eyes and removed cataracts that had grown as a result of an airbag to the face. This trauma resulted in a short term concussion and long term damage to my eyes. The damage wasn’t immediately obvious, but proved far more damaging than the concussion that caused a splitting headache, short term memory issues, and an inability to think clearly for a few weeks.

The cutting and replacing of the lens in my eyes was painful and I didn’t like it. But I enjoy 20/10 vision today because an expert did his job well.

Conversations with God are like surgery for the soul. When we listen and obey, it heals and helps.

If you’re like me and are predisposed to withdrawing and licking your wounds rather than going to the one who heals for help in time of need – consider changing.

May we pray so that we might experience healing and help instead of sustained suffering.

Click on the word comments below and join our conversation!

© Copyright 2010 NorthStar Community


2 comments:

I Might be Wrong said...

considering change

Hzjewl said...

I often wonder why it is so hard to remember that we do not have to suffer as much as we do if we would only go to the One who can comfort us while in our pain and bring us out better on the other side.

Blog Archive

Chat Rooms