March 14

Scripture focus:
When your words came, I ate them; they were my joy and my heart's delight, for I bear your name, O LORD God Almighty. Jeremiah 15:16 NIV

All of us may have some ideas about what will bring us joy and delight, but not all of our ideas are correct. Admittedly, I think that I prefer ice cream over grilled vegetables. But what I really, really love is having energy to walk my grand puppy, fitting into my clothes, being able to run for an hour without someone having to apply paddles to resuscitate my heart, and beating my husband at tennis (ok, I can’t do that, but it’s fun to dream). As long as I eat nutritiously, I am doing what I can to fuel my body and improve the quality of my life.

We were created to feed off of God’s word.

Until our spiritual diet consists of God’s word, we will live a spiritually malnourished life.

We bear God’s name. We are his kids once we’ve made the decision to turn our life over to him. Eat up!

Click on the word comments below and join our conversation!

© Copyright 2010 NorthStar Community


No comments:

Blog Archive

Chat Rooms