March 16

Scripture focus:
Don't fool yourself into thinking that you are a listener when you are anything but, letting the Word go in one ear and out the other. Act on what you hear! Those who hear and don't act are like those who glance in the mirror, walk away, and two minutes later have no idea who they are, what they look like. James 1:22-24 The Message

This is one scary scripture passage!

Some have called this kind of living the great disconnect. In the book Truefaced, there’s a line in it that goes something like this, “Too many people say the right things but live the wrong life.” I confess that I can relate.

So here’s a warning: as we read God’s word, beware of the danger of hearing but not listening, seeing but not recognizing, believing but not trusting, thinking but not doing.

Click on the word comments below and join our conversation!

© Copyright 2010 NorthStar Community


2 comments:

becoming said...

OUCH!

lovedtoo said...

It is hard for me to find a balance in this as I have always taken the Scripture quite literally, which has left me legalistic, co-dep, enabling, confused, etc..etc...it is only my renewal with Twelve Step programs and finding NSC that that I am beginning to feel that there is a light at the end of the tunnel; that I DO NOT have to accept bad behavior becasue God hates divorce; I do not have to accept anything less than my God given purpose. For too long the literal use of Scripture has shaped my life in a purely unGodlike manner that I KNOW is not God's plan for me. I am thankful I can breathe again!

Blog Archive

Chat Rooms