Day 355 – Week 51 at a glance

Having a Heart in a Sometimes Heartless World


Scripture focus: See how great he [God] is – infinite, greater than anything you can imagine or figure out. Job 36:26

This week we’ve read the “prequel” to the Christmas story by reading Isaiah 53. What a story!

We’ve thought the parent/child relationship.

We’ve reminded ourselves of how God sees us.

We took a moment and paused to consider unspirituality. I’ve previously thought of that as a state of disinterest in all things spiritual. I guess, if I were being honest, I would have judged the lady with the furs and glittery jewelry and perhaps wondered if she was unspiritual. I would have been remiss in doing so. Unspiritual in a sense is not disinterest so much as it is a limitation. It’s the inability to hold onto the gifts of the Spirit.

This is a new thought for me. One I want to go off and ponder. All of a sudden, I can empathize with the beautiful young woman. I, too, have experienced times of unspirituality. It doesn’t mean I don’t believe in God. But it seems to me that there are times when I’ve been either unwilling or unable to simply believe God. There’s a difference.

We’re entering our last week of daily devotionals. We’ve made it through 356 days! You rock!

Recommended reading: Zechariah 1 and 2 in the morning; Revelation 12 and Psalm 119 in the evening


Copyright 2008 NorthStar Community

No comments:

Blog Archive

Chat Rooms