Day 358 - Restraint

Having a Heart in a Sometimes Heartless World


Scripture focus: So don't get ahead of the Master and jump to conclusions with your judgments before all the evidence is in. When he comes, he will bring out in the open and place in evidence all kinds of things we never even dreamed of—inner motives and purposes and prayers. Only then will any one of us get to hear the "Well done!" of God. All I'm doing right now, friends, is showing how these things pertain to Apollos and me so that you will learn restraint and not rush into making judgments without knowing all the facts. It's important to look at things from God's point of view. I would rather not see you inflating or deflating reputations based on mere hearsay. 1 Corinthians 4:5-6 The Message

In a few days, some of us will take some time, evaluate the old year and establish some new goals for the year ahead. New Year’s Day is always a fourth step day for me (if you don’t understand what that means, check out the twelve step information available at www.northstarcommunity.com).

I get overwhelmed if I become too focused on my inner motives, purposes and prayers. I get in big trouble when I give a single thought to the motivations, purposes and prayers of others. But here’s what I can do. I can deliberately seek to look at things from God’s point of view. It kind of keeps it all in perspective for me.

It’s my prayer that each of us set 2009 as a banner year for learning more about who God is and what he’s up to in my heart, community and world.

Recommended reading: Zechariah 6 and 7 in the morning; Revelation 15 and Psalm 123 in the evening



Copyright 2008 NorthStar Community

No comments:

Blog Archive

Chat Rooms