Day 10 - Trash Talk and Live Large


Scripture focus: "I don't think the way you think. The way you work isn't the way I work." God's Decree. "For as the sky soars high above earth, so the way I work surpasses the way you work, and the way I think is beyond the way you think. Just as rain and snow descend from the skies and don't go back until they've watered the earth, doing their work of making things grow and blossom, producing seed for farmers and food for the hungry, so will the words that come out of my mouth not come back empty-handed. They'll do the work I sent them to do, they'll complete the assignment I gave them. "So you'll go out in joy, you'll be led into a whole and complete life. The mountains and hills will lead the parade, bursting with song. All the trees of the forest will join the procession, exuberant with applause. No more thistles, but giant sequoias, no more thorn bushes, but stately pines—monuments to me, to God, living and lasting evidence of God." Isaiah 55:8-13 The Message

Living life trying to get our own way: One who searches insatiably for achievement, acquisition, approval and accomplishment.

Living life God’s way: "You're blessed when you care. At the moment of being 'care-full,' you find yourselves cared for. You're blessed when you can show people how to cooperate instead of compete or fight. That's when you discover who you really are, and your place in God's family.” Matthew 5:7, 9 The Message

Application: Every fiber in my being believes that the only way for me to be happy is to achieve, acquire, win approval and accomplish stuff. In particular, I try to do this by: (make a list). But God’s way says that peace and contentment happen in community. Community thrives as I cooperate with others, helping others find their big dreams. For today, I’m going to focus on helping: (pick someone you can assist and expect nothing in return).

Do it. Some day this experience will help you find love, joy, peace and contentment that God gives and passes all understanding.

Recommended reading: Genesis 36-39

- click on the word comments and join our conversation

Copyright 2009 NorthStar Community




No comments:

Blog Archive

Chat Rooms