Day 11 - Trash Talk and Live Large


Scripture focus: Don't be naive. There are difficult times ahead. As the end approaches, people are going to be self-absorbed, money-hungry, self-promoting, stuck-up, profane, contemptuous of parents, crude, coarse, dog-eat-dog, unbending, slanderers, impulsively wild, savage, cynical, treacherous, ruthless, bloated windbags, addicted to lust, and allergic to God. They'll make a show of religion, but behind the scenes they're animals. Stay clear of these people. 2 Timothy 3:1-5 The Message

Living life trying to get our own way: One who tends to latch on to “solutions” – becoming rigid, self-righteous, intolerant toward other viewpoints, adopting an overly simplistic attitude to problem solving.

Living life God’s way: "You're blessed when you're at the end of your rope. With less of you there is more of God and his rule.” Matthew 5:3 The Message

Application: Of course I think I’m supposed to find solutions! But guess what? I don’t have a great track record. In fact, my failed attempts to solve my problems include: (make a list). Instead of trying to solve my problems, I’m going to surrender to the God who has the solutions. I am going to trust God with this problem, acknowledging that I am at the end of my rope: (choose one).

Now, to apply this one, you have to refuse to obsess over a solution to this problem. You have to continually tell God that you have this issue, you’re powerless to fix it, and you are going to trust him to rule.

Someday you will share the experience, strength and hope that you’ve gained from this practice with another person who is at the end of their personal rope. You’ll throw them a lifeline. It will be sweet worship as you toss that rope in the air toward another.

Recommended reading: Genesis 40-43

- click on the word comments and join our conversation

Copyright 2009 NorthStar Community




No comments:

Blog Archive

Chat Rooms