Day 18 - More Judging


Scripture focus:
Whenever, though, they turn to face God as Moses did, God removes the veil and there they are—face-to-face! They suddenly recognize that God is a living, personal presence, not a piece of chiseled stone. And when God is personally present, a living Spirit, that old, constricting legislation is recognized as obsolete. We're free of it! All of us! Nothing between us and God, our faces shining with the brightness of his face. And so we are transfigured much like the Messiah, our lives gradually becoming brighter and more beautiful as God enters our lives and we become like him. 2 Corinthians 3:17 The Message

Today’s scripture focus isn’t a pipe dream, it’s a promise. This is awesome news. Below are some more common attitudes that are deeply engrained in the hearts of those who are hiding behind a veil of judgment in order to maintain conflict-centered relationships. Huh? Who wants those? We want to keep our relationships conflict-centered when we are more committed to personal pain management than we are determined to seek positive change. These attitudes, like the ones presented yesterday, continue to keep us frozen. We can’t move forward. We feel as if change is impossible. But what we’re really trying to do is avoid seeing ourselves accurately. More signs that we’ve not made the decision to become brighter and more beautiful…
  • If I make a mistake, I must be punished and judged. So I’m better off steering clear of admitting wrong-doing. Do you “reframe” stories to make yourself look better?
  • I never question my feelings of fear and inadequacy. They are real. (What if I’m wrong?)
  • Someone’s to blame for all that feels bad in me. Do you look outside yourself to try to explain what you feel and do?
  • Success is achieved when I dominate another. It is a worthy thing to “stick it to the man.” Do you find yourself making repeated amends for blowing up at others?
  • “You complete me” means more to me than a cheesy line in a movie. Do you have a pattern of counting on another person to make you feel whole?
  • If I please others, than I must be okay. Do you really think it is possible to please all the people all the time?
  • I need to control everything – someone’s got to keep the craziness at bay. Do you find yourself feeling responsible for others, to the detriment of taking responsibility for yourself?
Recommended reading: Matthew 3-4

- click on the word comments and join our conversation


Copyright 2009 NorthStar Community

No comments:

Blog Archive

Chat Rooms