Day 31 – Month’s End


Scripture focus:
"The God who made the world and everything in it, this Master of sky and land, doesn't live in custom-made shrines or need the human race to run errands for him, as if he couldn't take care of himself. He makes the creatures; the creatures don't make him. Starting from scratch, he made the entire human race and made the earth hospitable, with plenty of time and space for living so we could seek after God, and not just grope around in the dark but actually find him. He doesn't play hide-and-seek with us. He's not remote; he's near. We live and move in him, can't get away from him! One of your poets said it well: 'We're the God-created.' Well, if we are the God-created, it doesn't make a lot of sense to think we could hire a sculptor to chisel a god out of stone for us, does it? Acts 17:24-28 The Message

A spiritual mentor once asked me why I was running around like one who believed God’s prevailing purposes somehow depended upon me to prevail. He reminded me of several key points:
  • God doesn’t mind working incognito, so it’s okay if I don’t run around pointing out his handiwork as if he needed me to chair his marketing department. When God chooses to reveal himself, he is perfectly capable of doing so without me micro-managing him!!
  • God doesn’t ask me to succeed, he offers me the opportunity to believe.
  • God doesn’t sit in an executive office isolated from the masses. He eagerly desires relationship with us. We don’t have to work hard to earn a sixty second interview in his oval office. We get to join him in his work-which is a grand privilege.
I can’t imagine my children ever needing to jockey for my attention. If they call, I answer. Obligation is a non-issue. We call and come, answer and respond to them because we love them. This is exactly how God loves us.

Our challenge is to raise our consciousness, pay attention, and look for him in all the nooks and crannies of our lives. God doesn’t hide from us, but sometimes we grow forgetful or distracted and fail to notice his hospitality, care and concern.


I pray that both our insides and outsides will unite and call out – “I am the God-created.”

Recommended reading: Psalm 15-17


- click on the word comments and join our conversation

Copyright 2009
NorthStar Community



No comments:

Blog Archive

Chat Rooms