June 18 -
Put on our listening ears

Scripture focus: Be completely loyal to God, your God. These nations that you're about to run out of the country consort with sorcerers and witches. But not you. God, your God, forbids it. Deuteronomy 18:13 (The Message)

If we're going to trust God, then we need to learn how to listen to his instructions for loving living.

God instructs us to be completely loyal to him.

I'm reminded of Eve in the Garden of Eden. What would have happened if she had been loyal to her love relationship with God?

When the serpent approached her with his question about God's instructions for living in the garden, she could have chosen to pause to prepare. As she paused, she could have asked herself a few questions, like:

  • How do I have this conversation within the context of my love relationship with God?

  • The serpent is calling into question an instruction God has given me. I need to go back and have a further conversation with God about this instruction. I bet there is something going on here that I need to clarify.

  • Loyalty to God means following his instructions even on days when other options seem more appealing. But I'm not alone in my temptations, doubts and questions. I can ask God about this, tell him how I'm feeling, and take the time it takes to come to a decision that stays within the pegs of loving God and loving others.
Eve didn't wake up one morning and decide to abandon her love relationship with God.

Faced with a circumstance that triggered an independent streak within her heart, Eve consorted with the serpent and brought Adam along for the ride.

Trusting God requires conscious living. We need to slow down. Let's take the time it takes to consciously choose to be loyal to our God.

Recommended reading: Joshua 7-9

- click on the word
comments and join our conversation

Copyright 2009
NorthStar Community

3 comments:

I Might be Wrong said...

I am feeling led to listen today.I do not know where the message will come from today or who the messenger will be.If you feel led please share as it might be you I am to hear today.God Bless!

Anonymous said...

I think feeling led to listen is a symptom of holiness.

Anonymous said...

YES!

Blog Archive

Chat Rooms