November 25

Scripture focus: Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: believe in the one he has sent.” John 6:29

This is another issue that I struggle with on the road to renewal.

My work is to believe.

But my heart cries out like that guy in scripture, “Lord, I believe! Help me in my unbelief!”

What cries does your heart desire to release to God today? Go ahead, try it. Tell God today what you delight, doubt, dread – whatever you want to tell him. He’s listening.

Recommended reading: Jeremiah 22 - 26

Click on the word comments below and join our conversation!

© Copyright 2009
NorthStar Community


1 comment:

Kathy said...

Isn't it funny how we go along day after day, firm in our belief, and then something comes along and knocks us sideways, and we say, "where was God, why didn't He help me?" And then the unbelief outways the belief. The only way I know to get beyond this is to read His word, and something will trigger your "belief button" again.
He is so good, but sometimes we don't believe He can be good to us.
But if we just keep trusting Him things do get better. But, oh, sometimes that seems to take a long time!

Blog Archive

Chat Rooms