November 29

Scripture focus: Jesus resumed talking to the people, but now tenderly. "Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly." Matthew 11:27, 28-30 The Message

Do you see it? Our way to freedom…as we trust God we re-order our lives – even when it makes us feel uncomfortable. We do not change our behavior because we fear God’s wrath. We change our behavior because we believe that God loves us, and we trust him when he tells us that the pathway to freedom is found as we travel the road of obedience. We will fall and falter, freak out and get frustrated – but who cares? Our goal is no longer to be good or get it right - it is simply to trust God. Trusting God means that we will ask him to help us – because we are able to be honest with the ones we love. We know we can’t make these changes without his divine intervention. We have labored in vain long enough. We are ready to let go and let God. Because we’re desperate? Maybe so. But God is far less concerned with our initial motivation than he is with getting us right where he wants us – believing in the one he has sent.

Recommended reading: Jeremiah 43 - 47

Click on the word comments below and join our conversation!

© Copyright 2009
NorthStar Community


No comments:

Blog Archive

Chat Rooms