November 27

Scripture focus: Then Jesus turned to the Jews who had claimed to believe in him. "If you stick with this, living out what I tell you, you are my disciples for sure. Then you will experience for yourselves the truth, and the truth will free you." John 8:32

I want freedom – doesn’t everyone?

How badly do I want it?

Do I want it enough to stick with this work of God – believing in the one he has sent?

Am I willing to trust God enough to actually practice the principles he teaches, love who he says to love, and care about what he cares about?

It is only AFTER I stick with it, live it, do it, that THEN I experience for myself the truth, and the truth will free me.

We don’t get to the truth through experience. We get to the truth as we believe, trust and live it out in our everyday living. Afterwards, as God has his way with us, we begin to experience the truth and find our freedom.

Do I want this – or a quick fix?

Recommended reading: Jeremiah 33 - 37

Click on the word comments below and join our conversation!

© Copyright 2009
NorthStar Community


No comments:

Blog Archive

Chat Rooms