May 1

Scripture focus:
Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. Matthew 6:21

As image bearers of the Most High God, we are created for living the life God intended for us. This is our sweet spot. It is when our true, God-created identity is given expression in an environment where love thrives that we experience God and the nearness of his kingdom.

I believe this with every conscious fiber of my being. It orders how I spend my time, who I play with, what I read, how I pray, why I believe what I believe about marriage, family, work, finances and relationships.

But where is my treasure buried? Let me be blunt. I think that sometimes my head (what I believe intellectually) and heart (how I live experientially) are living on different planets. As is usual for me, I first noticed this disconnect in the experiences of other people. They would speak of their love for God and others, but the choices they made didn’t match up. And their emotions were a mess.

I watch myself and others continue to make the craziest, most unconscious choices. And I wonder, what will it take for us to realize that we’re digging for buried treasure in fields that are filled with booby traps, explosive devises and worthless rocks?

I invite you to join me in a month long discussion about who God is, what it means to bear his image, and how knowing these things can help us come to grips with what ails us. It’s all about grace.


Click on the word comments below and join our conversation!

© Copyright 2010 NorthStar Community

No comments:

Blog Archive

Chat Rooms