May 21

Scripture focus:
“This is the crisis we're in: God-light streamed into the world, but men and women everywhere ran for the darkness. They went for the darkness because they were not really interested in pleasing God. Everyone who makes a practice of doing evil, addicted to denial and illusion, hates God-light and won't come near it, fearing a painful exposure. But anyone working and living in truth and reality welcomes God-light so the work can be seen for the God-work it is." John 3:19-21 The Message

Loss of willpower is another sign of dark living.

__Have I ever made any resolutions to ease the importance of an object in my life, only to return to it?

__Have I ever felt emotionally upset by my ability or inability to keep a resolution?

__Do I feel like I have any compulsions?


Click on the word comments below and join our conversation!© Copyright 2010 NorthStar Community

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This message today resonates deeply - after being sober for nearly eight months, I just started drinking again. These issues in this devotion are the center of my frustration. It seems that sustainable change is hard to obtain.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous... CHANGE IS ATAINABLE!!!! I will not lie to you, change is hard, can be painful, and slow coming. For me others saw the changes before I did, the changes do come and still are today. I do not know many who have gotten sober without bumps as it took 10 years for me to get a year clean. That first year sober has become 21. If you have a sponser call him, or a home group go to a meeting. I would never have made this journey on my own it took a community a recovery community full of folks that had been were I was. Give yourself grace recovery is not about perfection it is process. If you want to talk 8043063508...blessings J

Chip said...

What are you going to do now?

We can sit on our pity pot buying onto the shame game or pick up the pieces and drag our butt with the red ring around it to a meeting or treatment.

I would like to think by your proclamation on this blog that you are reaching out for help.

Tell us how we can help in a practical way. By that I mean, do you need someone to drive you to a meeting or to Tuckers, a couple of guys to come over and talk with you and help you throw your booze out then take you to a meeting or to the Healing Place for detox.

Its your call as you know we are here and none of us can save you. Are you willing to go to any length? If so we are too.

J let me know if you get the call and I will do so from my end and am willing to join in the effort if our comrade chooses life.

C...804-512-2625

Anonymous said...

I love these offers for assistance.

Blog Archive

Chat Rooms