May 7

Scripture focus:
When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession – to the praise of his glory. Ephesians 1:13-14 NIV

Is a laundry room a bad thing? Nope. Is it a reasonable decision? Yes, according to my husband (I’m completely incapable of objectivity; I’m compulsively obsessed.)

So what’s the problem?

The problem is when I put my hope in it.

It’s a problem when I think a laundry room is a glorious inheritance.

It’s a problem when I acquire possessions believing that I am entitled to them.
I have made a decision to believe. Once made, I am marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit.

My inheritance will never take the form of washers and dryers or cool drop down ironing boards.

Once I choose to believe, I am in the process of coming to understand that I have been given a new heart by a God who doesn’t wink at sin.

Holy and blameless isn’t about reigning in my passions; it’s about not winking at my sin. It is telling God the truth, and trusting that He will help me with my sin issues. But I cannot minimize my temptation to live a tawdry life, filled with trinket toys. I was created for more than folding laundry and perfectly pressed shirts.



Click on the word comments below and join our conversation!

© Copyright 2010 NorthStar Community

No comments:

Blog Archive

Chat Rooms