May 20

Scripture focus:
“This is the crisis we're in: God-light streamed into the world, but men and women everywhere ran for the darkness. They went for the darkness because they were not really interested in pleasing God. Everyone who makes a practice of doing evil, addicted to denial and illusion, hates God-light and won't come near it, fearing a painful exposure. But anyone working and living in truth and reality welcomes God-light so the work can be seen for the God-work it is." John 3:19-21 The Message

Self-deception is another hallmark of addictive living. Basically, the addicted mind is a tricky trickster. Questions to consider:

__Do I make excuses, denials, or play other mind games?

__Do I hide or keep secrets?

__Do I ever do stuff that seems uncharacteristic of me?

__Do I have trouble settling down and taking time for quiet reflection?

Addicted living leaves us fearing painful exposure.

Do you know what you treasure?

Click on the word comments below and join our conversation!© Copyright 2010 NorthStar Community

2 comments:

I Might be Wrong said...

I can today still asnwer "yes" to all the questions asked. The beauty of this journey I am on is todays "yes" is not the same "YES" of a few years ago. I still have the ability and sometimes do all those things from time to time just not everyday or every moment.I spent 28 years of my life living with the "tricky trickster" leading the way. I have spent 21 years living with a different voice in my head. My journey started with a community voice which became a sponsers voice then started to understand God enough to listen for His voice. Today the more I listen for Gods voice the more I can trust my own voice in my head. The more my addicted mind heals the more choices I have of a new life in His story for me not the forced choices of an survival driven addicted mind in the story of the destruction of me. Blessings All.

PAUL SMOOT said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Blog Archive

Chat Rooms