May 19

Scripture focus:
“This is the crisis we're in: God-light streamed into the world, but men and women everywhere ran for the darkness. They went for the darkness because they were not really interested in pleasing God. Everyone who makes a practice of doing evil, addicted to denial and illusion, hates God-light and won't come near it, fearing a painful exposure. But anyone working and living in truth and reality welcomes God-light so the work can be seen for the God-work it is." John 3:19-21 The Message

Withdrawal symptoms
accompany addictive living. They come in two forms: (1). Stress reactions that range from mild uneasiness and irritability to extreme agitation with rapid pulse, tremors and panic. (2). Rebound reactions are symptoms that are the opposite of those caused by the addictive behavior. If I get addicted to headache medicine, and then stop taking it – I will end up with rebound headaches. I believe (illusion) that I have a problem with headaches, but what I really have a problem with is too many meds.

__How do I feel if I think I’m going to lose something I’m attached to?

__How much time, energy and worry do I use up each week trying to hold on to whatever this thing is?

__If I lose this, will I experience a stress reaction?

__Have I ever had symptoms that make me possibly feel that they could be withdrawal symptoms?



Click on the word comments below and join our conversation!© Copyright 2010 NorthStar Community

No comments:

Blog Archive

Chat Rooms