Day 300 – Week 43 at a glance

Having a Heart in a Sometimes Heartless World

Scripture focus: You are forgiving and good, O Lord, abounding in love to all who call to you. Psalm 86:5-6 NIV

This week we focused on forgiveness – and next we’ll continue the discussion. For now, how are you doing on your forgiveness quiz? In light of our studies, are there any answers you want to change?

Dr. David Stoop's Forgiveness Quiz*

1. T F When forgiving, I should always try to forgive and forget.


2. T F It's good to get angry when I'm trying to forgive.


3. T F I should give up all hard feelings toward the person I forgive.


4. T F I should try to forgive others quickly and completely.


5. T F Over time, my hurt will go away and my forgiveness of the other person will take care of itself.


6. T F If I've forgiven, I will never have feelings of hatred against those who have hurt me.


7. T F If I forgive, I am in some way saying that what happened to me didn't matter.


8. T F Forgiveness is basically a one-time decision. Either I do or I don't.


9. T F I can't forgive until the person who hurt me repents.


10. T F I should forgive even if the person who hurt me does not repent.


You have completed three hundred days of a three hundred and sixty six day journey. You rock! Keep going!

Recommended reading: Jeremiah 52 and Psalm 70 in the morning; Titus 2 and Psalm 71 in the evening

*Forgiving the Unforgivable, David Stoop, PH.D., Regal publishing, April 2005, p. 24.




Copyright 2008 NorthStar Community

No comments:

Blog Archive

Chat Rooms