April 5

Step 4: We made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.

April 5

Scripture reading for today: Romans 2

I saw this sign while I was flying to Atlanta , too. “Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow.’ ” I love this. That’s a great attitude to adopt as we take our inventory. We may have some false starts. That’s ok. We can always say, “I will try again tomorrow.”

One style of inventory is taking our life in five year chunks. This was tough for me, so I ditched that idea. I decided if that didn’t work, I’d try another approach. So I did further research, and found another recommended style of inventory – and wow – it was awesome. And hard. But awesome.

For a recovering codependent, it would have been easier to just keep plunking away at that five year increment idea. Frankly, it took courage to admit defeat. But that’s ok. A way was found.

So, my friend, be of good courage. And forget about that roar. Just join me and say, “I will try again tomorrow.”

Thought for today: Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, tolerance and patience, not realizing that God’s kindness leads you toward repentance? Romans 2:4 NIV

Thought for tomorrow: I suspect that many of us think that this fourth step is a cruel attempt to further deflate our already shaky self-esteem. Maybe that’s why we avoid it so aggressively. It is not. God’s intentions spring from his loving kindness (not out of a critical spirit), out of his patience (not his wrath)…you can do this.

April 5
Teresa McBean

No comments:

Chat Rooms