Having Heart In A Sometimes Heartless World

Day 154 - Ending up in the right place

Scripture focus: By entering through faith into what God has always wanted to do for us - set us right with him, make us fit for him - we have it all together with God because of our Master Jesus. And that's not all: We throw open our doors to God and discover at the same moment that he has already thrown open his door to us. We find ourselves standing where we always hoped we might stand - out in the wide open spaces of God's grace and glory, standing tall and shouting our praise. Romans 5:1-2 The Message

I definitely don't feel like I have my life all together. Today, my schedule is all wacky (and I like a smooth schedule). My refrigerator has that yukky smell that tells me strange and unwelcome guests are thriving in the inner (and uncleaned) recesses of the meat drawer. It's mid-day, and I still haven't showered. I worked on a writing project all morning, only to lose it in cyber-space. My dog threw up on my favorite rug. And I washed a perfectly lovely white shirt and managed to turn it into an ugly shade of pink.
In spite of all those seeming setbacks, my spine straightens when I read today's scripture focus. Although my schedule, housecleaning, personal grooming, work, pet, and laundry abilities are in question today - I know in whom I believe. I believe through faith that God is who he says he is - and since I know that, all is well. Because a person of faith "has it all together." I don't know exactly what that means. I'm still asking God to show me more about that profound spiritual truth. I am pretty sure that it has something to do with God seeing us from the inside out. I'm fairly confident that when I stand before the throne of grace all the petty annoyances of living messily in a crazy world aren't going to come up in God's quality time with me.
I've got a problem. My problem is that I think that I always hoped I'd spend my days standing in the middle of a perfectly clean home, with a job that is both fun and fulfilling (meaning - I do it well), my laundry folded neatly and my dog behaving perfectly.
My problem is that hope has been wrapped in too small an expectation. God has more planned for me than perfect housekeeping skills. He wants me standing in wide open spaces, filled with God's grace and glory - and He's teaching me how to delight in these truths.
I've got plenty to keep me busy. I need to clean out my refrigerator, go find a new perfectly clean white shirt AND clean up my dog's mess. But before I rush off to busyness, I'm pausing to prepare. I'm not allowing my feelings to dictate my state of believing. I've got it all together - that's what God has, is and will do for me.
May we all find our way to the truth of God's great provisions for us!
Recommended reading: 2 Samuel 18 and 19 in the morning; John 20 in the evening




No comments:

Blog Archive

Chat Rooms