December 12

Scripture focus: The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you in singing. Zephaniah 3:17

Unfortunately, if our believing is out of whack, our spiritual walk is destructive. Destructive spirituality says things like:

  • "I'm not a ministry addict. I just love my work."
  • "I am just trying to be helpful."
  • "God expects me to be a living sacrifice."
  • "I am not spiritually abusive – I'm just telling you how I see it. I'm holding you accountable."
  • "God says I should love others unconditionally."
  • "God says you should love me unconditionally."

When I have a problem, I want it fixed and I prefer if the solution is formulated in a step-by-step format that I can follow. I hear God's call to receive his mercy and rest in him, and oh, how I long to believe! Help me Lord, in my unbelief! Moving from denial to truth requires that I seek all the truth, not just the parts that are comfortable.


Recommended reading: Psalm 128- 134

Click on the word comments below and join our conversation!

© Copyright 2009
NorthStar Community


2 comments:

I Might be Wrong said...

Recently I asked "for the clearity of vision to see who I am and not who I believe me to be". What I am seeing is what t has written here,"Moving from denial to truth requires that I seek all the truth, not just the parts that are comfortable". My truth is I still carried something deep within that I have not let go of. Is it possible God wanted me to hold on to this till I had the tools and the hut dwellers to guide me and help me remove this wound from my soul. I was recently told that God likes locked doors. When He's knocking it sure is hard to ignore. The truth is the man on this side of the door is afraid of the child on the other. I was recently asked what I did not want to let go of? That night I did not want to have an answer, today I do. I ask God to help me hold the door open and free the child that holds to key to my freedom. I ask God to shine his light into all the dark place and allow me to find comfort in His truth " I hear God's call to receive his mercy and rest in him, and oh, how I long to believe! Help me Lord, in my unbelief!" I ask to be set free to soar on the wings of the eagle you created me to be. "The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you in singing."-Zephaniah 3:17
God Bless

Anonymous said...

"Moving from denial to truth requires that I seek all the truth, not just the parts that are comfortable." 'truth nourishes the soul, untruth corrodes it.' i have been very corrosive to others and myself for a very long time. i stored lots of knowledge, but didn't surrender to G-d and let Him teach me how to use it. "make not knowledge a crown for boasting, neither make a spade of it that i may dig." (R. Mazin) today, i am a recovery work in progress. it is far better to be known by others, and to be held accountable in love, than to 'know' intellectually what i believe to be true-and refuse to act as if i believe what i say i believe. a.'nanny'mouse

Blog Archive

Chat Rooms