December 17

Scripture focus:
"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do…What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God – through Jesus Christ our Lord!" Romans 7:15, 24

One of the ways to tell the truth about ourselves is to acknowledge all the moments in our daily life that arouse our anxiety or frustration. It will help if, as we do this, we listen to God. Prayer, meditation and scripture are all ways we can hear God's voice. Prayer is a privilege, opportunity and invitation to draw near to God. We may need to learn more about this spiritual discipline or we may already know more than we're currently putting into practice. Allow where you are to gently guide you.

Recommended reading: Hebrews 7 - 13


Click on the word comments below and join our conversation!

© Copyright 2009
NorthStar Community



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God – through Jesus Christ our Lord!" [Romans 7:15, 24] i tried so hard to deflect the price i thought i would be required to pay for my utter and total failures, by immersing myself in ritual. i thought that i could actually hide the wickedness in my heart from the G-d who created me, if i could just 'know' more of truth on the outside. "if you have raced with men on foot, and they have wearied you, how will you compete with horses? and if in a safe land you fall down, how will you do in the jungle of the jordan?" [Jeremiah 12:5] then i began to learn to simply surrender. thank you, Jesus, for North Star and all those who loved me, helping me to be able to confess my failures, embrace the reality of my inside and outside being totally out of whack, and to let go of the 'control' i never had anyway. a.'nanny'mouse.

Blog Archive

Chat Rooms