December 20

Scripture focus:
Surely you desire truth in the inner parts; you teach me wisdom in the inmost place. Psalm 51:6

Have you considered the question I raised yesterday? What is that thing about yourself that you don't want anyone to know about you?

When I was pregnant with our youngest child I was ginormous.

As we checked into labor and delivery on his birth day, the first thing they did was weigh me. This is just one of the many sufferings pregnant women endure. We should all be sainted!

Anyway, Peter saw the number and the chart and said something really great like, "IS THAT HOW MUCH YOU WEIGH?"

If I had been in a better frame of mind, I might have come back with a clever response. Instead, I gave him THE LOOK. He sat down and shut up.

I know all about secrets.

I am blessed to have experienced love too. When you surround yourself with people who truly love you, even when you tell them your biggest secret, they may not always say the right thing, but they live the right life. They love you.

May you be well loved today.

Recommended reading: Ezekiel 7 - 13


Click on the word comments below and join our conversation!

© Copyright 2009
NorthStar Community



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"When you surround yourself with people who truly love you, even when you tell them your biggest secret, they may not always say the right thing, but they live the right life. They love you." sometimes it takes a push to start the process of 'surrounding'. the right people were there, but i was trying to have my own way. leadership [t.] strongly suggested that i ask a particular person that i was already in a group with to be my accountability partner. need a nudge? North Star leadership will help point you in a direction so as to find those who would be most helpful in your need to be surrounded, if you ask. a.'nanny'mouse

Blog Archive

Chat Rooms