December 5

Scripture focus:
But Thomas, sometimes called the Twin, one of the Twelve, was not with them when Jesus came. The other disciples told him, "We saw the Master." But he said, "Unless I see the nail holes in his hands, put my finger in the nail holes, and stick my hand in his side, I won't believe it." Eight days later, his disciples were again in the room. This time Thomas was with them. Jesus came through the locked doors, stood among them, and said, "Peace to you." Then he focused his attention on Thomas. "Take your finger and examine my hands. Take your hand and stick it in my side. Don't be unbelieving. Believe." Thomas said, "My Master! My God!" Jesus said, "So, you believe because you've seen with your own eyes. Even better blessings are in store for those who believe without seeing." Jesus provided far more God-revealing signs than are written down in this book. These are written down so you will believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and in the act of believing, have real and eternal life in the way he personally revealed it. John 20:24-31 The Message

Jesus didn't leave the heavenlies and come to earth so that we'd have a good story to tell at Christmas. His goal was not to become a one hit wonder with his starring role in the nativity scene. He was born, he grew up, and he lived among us.

He came so that we could believe.

Did he ask us to believe so that we could improve our performance?

Did he provide signs for us in an attempt to get us to give more to the church coffers?

Did he hope that through our believing he might increase his own following, boost his popularity in the polls and rule a kingdom or two?

Did he desire to win over the masses so that he could dominate the religious world, thereby ensuring that he beat out the "lesser gods" and wipe out all other forms of religious expression?

Here's what one of his beloved disciples had to say on the subject. These are written down so you will believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and in the act of believing, have real and eternal life in the way he personally revealed it.

Jesus went through a lot of trouble for you. He didn't judge you. He loved you. May this amazing truth inform your believing.

Recommended reading: Hosea 11 - 14


Click on the word comments below and join our conversation!

© Copyright 2009
NorthStar Community



2 comments:

I Might be Wrong said...

After reading Hosea 11-14, I am not sure what that is all about. It appears to be T's message about that we might be worshipping false Gods. My biblical lack of knowledge aside and being a man that only needs a few words unless I am talking..LOL. It seems that a lot of folks had been screwing up very badly living independently of God and He was pissed. He was going to hurt us or hit us hard, I guess in an effort to heal us. I know that he gives me what I need and allows me to understand what I read as I need. I found this today as His message to me." Everything you need is to be found in me." & "God's paths get you where you want to go. Right-living people walk them easily; wrong-living people are always tripping and stumbling. The first one I get the second leaves a question. If I am a Right-living person when I trip and stumble have I left the path? Is it possible that even God's path has speedbumps and potholes or is just the way I am walking? God Bless

Anonymous said...

Could it also be that sometimes we mis-identify tripping and stumbling? What feels to us like messing up is really a right-living person being trained and strengthened - but we miss this truth because we're so prone to judging/blaming/shaming???? What if God is working with us to get us ready to serve and sacrifice?? t

Blog Archive

Chat Rooms